TFK-Winter Warriors BitIn the halls of the Glass Palace, a tawny colored groundhog was speaking with a shining black stallion.TFK-Winter Warriors Bit by thegriffin88
“The Prince is ill, not to be disturbed!” the groundhog chirped.
“Not even for the good tidings of his Far Uncle?” the stallion queried.
“Not for anyone except the King of Antlers himself! Go ask His Highness if you wish an audience with his son!”
“You win this round, groundhog.” the stallion snorted, before turning down the hall.
“And good day to you, Lord Stallion!” the groundhog called.
Then she turned and pushed open the door, turning to her true form to close it. Hames was sitting up in bed, arms curled around his stomach as he retched into a bowl held by his guard and closest friend, Ame-Callah. He gagged once more before spitting a mouthful of bile into the bowl and lying back, whimpering.
“He awoke like this, Madam Jedara.” Ame said, handing the groundhog woman the bowl before turning back to Hames, wipin
TFK-Hames' NightmareHames started awake, and lay there in sweat soaked silken sheets for a moment, shaking and shivering before, with his heart hammering in his chest, he wrestled himself away from the bed and made his way out into the hall. He stumbled at first, his legs as weak as a newborn foal’s and his head swimming as if he had drunk too much wine, but at last he let his hand guide and support him along the wall as he made his way through the castle.TFK-Hames' Nightmare by thegriffin88
Ame approached Hames’ room only to find a group of elves clustered outside the chamber; and among those elves were the twins, Tirro and Tallos.
“What’s going on?” she asked the half-Princes.
“Hames has gone and wandered off.” Tirro replied.
“And we’re watching the others debate on who’s going to tell dear old dad about it.” Tallos responded.
Ame stood, shocked, for a bit before squaring her shoulders in determination. “I’m going to find him.” she announced.
1. Your first OC ever?
Hmmm….that’s going way back. I’d have to say Chase, who was a black and red Lugia from Pokemon. I think black and red is a nicer shiny color scheme than black and navy.
2. Do you have a personal favourite among your OCs?
Like trying to choose a favorite pet! (I don’t like kids) I love all of my brain children.
3. Have you ever adopted a character or gotten a character from someone else?
Oh no, I think that’s actually pretty lazy if it’s anything outside of roleplaying. Be creative, if you can’t then maybe this isn’t for you.
4. A character you rarely talk about?
Cassandra from The House of Claw, if only because I haven’t fully developed her yet.
5. If you could make only one of your OCs popular/known, who would it be?
Shadow Drakkenheart, MC of The House of Claw.
6. Two OCs of yours that look alike despite not being related?
Magpie Greyfeathers and Adelle Umbraea, Magpie is from a fanfiction but a species and country I created and Adelle is from my sci-fi universe Ghost of Atlantis. They both have red hair. That’s about it, really, I try to make everyone as different as possible.
7. Are your OCs part of any story or stories?
All of them. Literally all of them.
8. Do you RP as any of your OCs? If you do, introduce one of your RP OCs here!
I don’t RP. I’m open to it, though.
9. Would you ever be willing to give any of your OCs to someone else?
No. You should create something from yourself.
10. Introduce an OC with a complicated design?
It’s a tossup between Atticus Storm and Shadow because of their outfits. They’re all bandoliers and buckles and pirate stuff. It’s probably why I haven’t drawn them yet.
11. Is there any OC of yours you could describe as a “sunshine”?
Uh…exluding the fanfiction OCs (Cali and Gwen Ryan would fit that category) I’d say…Tiffany. She’s a motherly type griffin and the cook onboard the Cloudchaser, Shadow’s ship.
12. Name an OC that isn’t yours but who you like a lot
13. Do you have any troublemaker OCs?
More than a few. Shadow is definitely one of them. Tye is another, he’s from Ghost of Atlantis.
14. Introduce an OC with a tragic backstory
Well that’s most of them. Heh, just kidding. Kinda. I’ll summarize my top…4.
Herrik ‘Bane’ Gyxian
A drake rider (Aeronaut) from Ghost of Atlantis, he was captured by rebel forces and tortured, before they executed his mount in front of him. He has brain damage that has resulted in him being forgetful at times, and has induced foreign accent syndrome. He also suffers from intense PTSD and walks with a cane due to damage caused by the torture. His story was never meant to be a nice one.
Prince Tiberius Atalan III
Caught in an explosion that killed his parents, Tiberius was exposed to various experimental pathogens and because of this is now constantly battling a slew of illnesses, it is something that will eventually claim his life. He also suffered a concussion in the blast which has damaged his inner ear, thus he can no longer ride upon his drake, Aurora.
Shadow lived for 18 years believing that he was the second son of King Ragnar Moonskar of the House of Claw. That was a lie. In reality Shadow had been kidnapped at the age of 5 after Claw forces burned his hometown to the ground, they believed him part of a prophecy. It was only later, at 23, that Shadow learned of his true identity and came to terms with the terrible crimes he had committed in the name of the House of Claw. He now roams the skies in the name of the Harmonian Liberation, attempting to redeem himself.
Step-brother of Shadow, Raphel helped Shadow escape the Claw dungeons after he learned of his origins. Because of this, Ragnar used his magic to unleash a ball of flames into his own son’s face. Raphel shielded his eyes, saving him from blindness but leaving him with a terribly scared right forearm, bicep, pectoral and shoulder as well as some of his neck. He was then banished from the Claw Capital, and forced to live in the Winter Palace. He now blames Shadow for everything he endured.
15. Do you like to talk about your OCs with other people?
Oh yeah, I’m that kind of narcissist. But it’s hard to try and segway into what I write about in conversation.
16. Which one of your OCs would be the best at biology (school subject)?
Vorhees Sylaris, from Ghost of Atlantis. He’s a Doctor in the airforce.
17. Any OC OTPs?
House of Claw
Tales from Karama
Ghost of Atlantis
18. Any OC crackships?
I tend to write true to my characters, and don’t like doing anything strange or out of the ordinary with them.
That being said Shadow/Raphel will be a thing. I know the internet too well.
19. Introduce an OC that means a lot to you (and explain why)
Shadow. He’s the one I’ve worked with the longest and the hardest on. He’s my flagship, my main man, his story is my legacy.
20. Do any of your OCs sing? If they sing, care to share more details (headcanon voice, what kind of songs they like etc)?
I do not know famous people. I legit cannot put a face to a name and vice versa. That being said:
Tiffany the griffin
Tye when he’s drunk or at a concert
21. Your most artistic OC
In the second House of Claw book we tackle homosexuality in my fantasy universe. We meet an old friend of Sarengo’s (the co-star of that book) named Cicero. Cicero has a boyfriend who is 6’2, 200 of muscle and a really good painter. He’s literally an artist.
Other than that it’s Finnan Sorel who can play the violin and is the doctor on Atticus’ ship.
22. Is there any OC of yours people tend to mischaracterize? If yes, how?
I’m not known enough to have that happen but it would probably be either Shadow (because he’s complex and most of it is still sitting in my noggin) or Adelle because she comes off as cold but is actually really sweet, just dedicated to her country. Or Tye, he’s not the horny pilot most people think he is.
23. Introduce OC that has changed from your first idea concerning what the character would be like?
Atticus was originally going to be a Captain Ahab like, and I wrote a screenplay once that was a mishmash of all sorts of things and was just horrible. Then he got influenced by Master and Commander, Pirates of the Caribbean and Horatio Hornblower and moved from Earth to Karama and became a Drakken instead of a human and learned lightning magic and several other things that made him such a better character. He’s come a long way, he’s my oldest completely original OC.
24. If you could meet one OC of yours, who would it be and why?
Probably Tye, he would be fun to hang around. Or Shadow because I adore him so.
25. The OC that resembles you the most (same hobby, height, shared like/dislike for something etc?)
Cassandra, if only because I haven’t developed her enough or found her ‘voice’ yet.
26. Have you ever had to change your OC’s design or something else about them against your will?
No, I usually just end up rejecting things because they are bad design. I’m very bullheaded when it comes to things, stubborn as a goat.
27. Any OCs that were inspired by a certain song?
No, but much development has happened while listening to music. Raphel’s blue eyes were inspired by the song ‘Behind Blue Eyes’ by The Who.
28. Your most dangerous OC?
For the House of Claw that would be the God of Calamity Tace. Or, if you want to go smaller, Raphel Moonskar. They eventually become kind of entwined anyhow. Oh no, spoilers. Ah well. There’s also Julius Storm, who is mad.
For Ghost of Atlantis it would either be Janis, a now deceased rebel Keshar, or Delta 6. Delta is a man whose name has been lost but he is a Ragnarok, a being of power, who can nullify the electrical bonds between atoms, making something or someone vanish. He is mentally unstable and could snap at any moment.
29. Which one of your OCs would go investigate an abandoned house at night without telling anyone they’re going?
Shadow. Shadow would go alone, Tye would go with his drinking buddies but Shadow would go alone because he’s a Drakken and can turn into a dragon creature and he thinks that’s all the protection he needs. Also Tirro and Tallos; twins from a story that takes place in Karama’s ancient history, they are elves who can shapeshift into dogs.
30. Which one of your OCs would most likely have a secret stuffed animal collection?
Adelle would be secret about it, yes. Kylie, a young aeronaut, does have a huge collection of plushies and is not embarrassed about it.
31. Pick one OC of yours and explain what their tumblr blog would be like (what they reblog, layout, anything really)
Kylie Gyxian would. She’s about 18 in human years and is being tutored by Vesh Orpehl, a Keshar aeronaut, first of his kind. She’d blog about the latest music, fashion and how Vesh is just impossible sometimes. He means well, but he’s also a tough teacher.
32. Which one of your OCs would be the most suitable horror game protagonist and why?
Shadow, he knows all the cheesy, B movie lines.
33. Your shyest OC?
Sarengo. He’s from an island that not too many people like because of how they ‘do’ things there.
34. Do you have any twin characters?
Tirro and Tallos.
35. Any sibling characters?
Hames, Tirro and Tallos (Half-brothers)
Shadow, Raphel (adopted)
Atticus, Julius (Brothers)
Mallach and Samhain-Kien (Brothers)
36. Do you have OC pairs where the other part belongs to someone else (siblings, lovers, friends etc)?
37. Introduce an OC who is not quite human
Shadow Drakkenheart is a Drakken Elf, last of the shapeshifting races, as is Atticus, Sarengo, Tabitha, Alexander, Julius and Jessica. *counts* Yes, that’s all the Drakkens, currently.
Tiffany is a griffin
There are a few named dragons, Ellesmeera, Tharriquaix, Ryelthanoth, Kirkchetan, and Lacunata
Everyone from Ghost of Atlantis is either Atlantean or Keshar
38. Which one of your OCs would be the best dancer?
Adelle, Tiberius and Atticus are all really good at formal dances.
39. Introduce any character you want
I, uh, have several character sheets up for various characters. But...I guess I could talk about Leon ‘Slash’ Artuix. He’s the leader of the Crimson Drake House on the planet of Atlantida. His codename is Slash, and his drake is named Razor. He’s a noble, so he has the requisite platinum hair and violet eyes. Red drakes are the second largest sub-species of drake. He lives on the Crimson Estate outside of the city of Atlantis with his niece, Tracy.
40. Any fond memories linked to your characters? Feel free to share!
I guess most of them are memories from Highschool, when I first really got into writing. It all starts with Atticus, and one teacher who told me that my idea for a play wasn’t weird and to just keep going.
41. Has anyone drawn fanart of your OCs? If yes, maybe show a picture or two here!
42. Which one of your OCs would be the most interested in Greek gods?
Probably one of the Atlantean nobles…actually I’d have to say Tiberius.
43. Do you have any certain type when you create your OCs? Do you tend to favour some certain traits or looks? It’s time to confess
Tough guys who really aren’t. But don’t we all write our ideal imaginary man into a story? Even if it’s just a little?
44. Something you like about your OCs in general
I like that I keep them pretty varied, so that even though there are similarities there are enough differences that you can look past it.
45. A character you no longer use?
Rich (Pronounced the German way, so like Rick but with a kh noise) who was a WWII German Pilot. I’ve always wanted to write a WWII story from the German point of view. Because it would be different.
46. Has anyone ever told you that you treat your OCs badly?
No, though I wouldn’t blame them if they did. If anything I seem to attract similarly sadistic people.
47. Has anyone ever (friendly) claimed any of your OCs as their child?
No. Lol. That would be…interesting.
48. OC who is a perfect cinnamon roll, too good for this world, too pure
Tumblr get the fuck out of here. If I’m not trolling Vegans I don’t want to hear your bullshit. (And it’s Sarengo)
49. Which one of your OCs would most likely enjoy memes
Shadow. Kylie probably already does enjoy Atlantean cyber culture memes, I just haven’t invented them yet.
50. Give me the good ol’ OC talk here. Talk about anything you want
I love my OC’s. And I just want to be out of this writing rut and get back to doing stuff with them. I just can’t seem to put words to the images in my head anymore. I miss flying with Shadow. I can only hope my drive comes back one day.
|I'm a cartoonist with a thing for griffins. My main comic is Semi-Charmed and I'm also writing a fantasy series called The House of Claw. When I'm not drawing, I'm either playing video games or poking people with sticks.|